> Pco could technically work as a Parquet encoding, but people are wary of
> its newness and weak FFI support. It seems there is no immediate action to
> take, but would be worthwhile to consider this again further in the future.

I guess I'm more optimistic on the potential gaps.  I think if there were a
spec that allowed one to code it from scratch, I'd be willing to take a
crack at seeing what it would take for another implementation in either
Java or C++. (I looked at the links you provided but they were somewhat too
high-level).  I think having a spec would also guard against the "newness"
concern.

I can't say there wouldn't be other technical blockers but at least this
would be someplace to start?

Cheers,
Micah