On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> OK, I'm applying the following diff. Does it make sense to you? (I'm
> completely lost as to why I need to do this, so any guidance is most
> welcome!)

looks right to me.  same issues that have been plaguing modperl itself
ever since 5.6.0 was released.  the largefile flags change the
sizeof(request_rec), so everything that dereferences the request_rec must
be compiled with or without these flags.  normally the issue is just
between modperl and apache, but since axkit extends with xs and
dereferences request_rec, if the lfs flags were ripped out when building
modperl, they must also be ripped out when building axkit.  this is likely
only the case when modperl is built with USE_APXS.  when modperl is linked
static or USE_DSO=1 and modperl compiles apache, the lfs flags are added
to the apache build to avoid the size mismatches.