On 19/09/16 13:40, Ellison Anne Williams wrote:
> It seems that it's the same idea as the ResponderLauncher with the service
> component added to maintain something akin to the 'platform'. I would
> prefer that we just did away with the platform notion altogether and make
> the ResponderDriver 'dumb'. We get around needing a platform-aware service
> by requiring the ResponderLauncher implementation to be passed as a CLI to
> the ResponderDriver.

Let me check I understand what you are saying here.

At the moment, there is a monolithic Pirk that hard codes how to respond
using lots of different backends (mapreduce, spark, sparkstreaming,
storm , standalone), and that is selected by command-line argument.

One option is to make Pirk pluggable, so that a Pirk installation could
use one or more of these in an extensible fashion by adding JAR files.
That would still require selecting one by command-line argument.

A second option is to simply pass in the required backend JAR to select
the particular implementation you choose, as a specific Pirk
installation doesn't need to use multiple backends simultaneously.

...and you are leaning towards the second option.  Do I have that correct?

Regards,
Tim