Hey guys,

Thanks for looking at the PR, I apologize if it offended anyone's eyes:).

I'm glad it generated some discussion about the configuration.  I didn't
really like where things were heading with the config.  However, didn't
want to create to much scope creep.

I think any hierarchical config (TypeSafe or yaml) would make things much
more maintainable, the plugin could simply grab the appropriate part of the
config and handle accordingly.  I'd also cut down the number of command
line options to only those that change between runs often (like
input/output)

>One option is to make Pirk pluggable, so that a Pirk installation could
>use one or more of these in an extensible fashion by adding JAR files.
>That would still require selecting one by command-line argument.

An argument for this approach is for lambda architecture approaches (say
spark/spark-streaming) were the contents of the jars would be so similar it
seems like to much trouble to create separate jars.

Happy to continue working on this given some direction on where you'd like
it to go.  Also, it's a bit of a blocker to refactoring the build into
submodules.

Darin