GitHub user jacobwil opened a pull request:

    [PIRK-74] Close Hash Key information leak

    From the [JIRA issue](
    > Given that “If we have hash collisions over our selector set, we will
append integers to the key starting with 0 until we no longer have
collisions” if an attacker sees that the hash key is one with integers on the
end and the space for selectors is well defined (or the attacker has a hunch
about what the actually-selected selector space looks like) they could feed
either all or subsets of their probable-selector pool into the keyed hash
function given keys with lower integers and look for collisions. The higher the
key has been incremented the more leaks possible (it’s unlikely the same two
selectors caused collisions with different hash keys).
    Also uncovered and fixed a bug where the replacement hash key selected
after a collision wasn't saved back to the QueryInfo object.

    $ git pull PIRK-74

    This closes #111
commit db2e69ed5ab967da116896f8f902f0b3eaf2baf6
Author: Jacob Wilder <>
Date:   2016-10-18T21:59:14Z

    Knowledge of the final hashkey used no longer allows an attacker to attempt
to guess which selectors collided in previous hashkey attempts

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.