Hey Chris,

thank you for the information!
Yesterday I went through lots of Siemens manuals just to find out that it gets
the more confusing the deeper you go into.
Could it be that the P denotes a Pointer?
Because the "#" is usally used for symbolic addressing when I remember
correctly.

My aim is to have a clear and good syntax which is as TIAesk as it could be but
on the otherhand easy to understand for all non TIAlers.
So for me the addresses read like pointers to the start bit (DBX).
This probably makes sense as a String is not considered an elementary type in
TIA (as its larger than 4 bytes).

So the combined syntax would be:
P#DB1.DBX314.0:STRING
Or
P#DB1.DBX314.0:STRING[100]
With explicit length information.

A related question is, how does TIA handling referencing to arrays (I think we
agreed to do this as part of this string here).
Can anyone with TIA access (chris?) check how tia handles this?
Or should we simply make it similar with
P#DB1.DBX314.0:LREAL[10] // Read 10 LREALS starting at offset 314

What do you think?

Julian