That's just cause you are a shady person :-P

Chris

Am 28.08.19, 09:58 schrieb "Sebastian Rühl"
<sebastian.ruehl...@googlemail.com.INVALID>:

    Hi Chris,

    My experience is the other way around: shade over assembly.

    So from my side go for it +1

    Sebastian

<christofer.d...@c-ware.de>:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > you know we were having problems in the past with the assembly of the
no-deps artifacts.
    > We solved this by creating a new assembly descriptor with plugins to
merge the services properties.
    > Now while working on our demo for Vegas Roman had problems with these as
there seem to be other parts that also require merging.

    > He came up with a solution to use the shade plugin.
    >
    > Switching to this has the advantage of not having to maintain an
assembly.xml or deploy and release a dedicated assembly artifact.
    > We could simply define the defaults in the parent and then just use the
shade plugin wherever we need it.

    > I sort of remembered that it was discouraged to use the shade plugin in
preference of the assembly in the past, but I could no longer see this
confirmed.