Hi Tim,

sorry fort he issue.
Indeed, the URL of your connection string is wrong (because our docu is really
bad).
You should try: modbus:tcp://localhost

Hope that helps!

Julian

Am 11.05.20, 09:55 schrieb "udeho" <ud...@student.kit.edu>:

    Dear PLC4X-Community,

    I tried to do my first steps with modbus in PLC4X using the modbus
simulator referenced in your getting-started guide.
    Following your instructions, I executed the following code to establish a
connection:

                                   String conString = "modbus://localhost";

                                   try(PlcConnection plcCon = new
    PlcDriverManager().getConnection(conString)){

                                                   System.out.println("Hello
Modbus");
                                   }

                                   catch (Exception e) {
                                                   e.printStackTrace();
                                   }
                    }

    Unfortunately, I get the following error:

    org.apache.plc4x.java.api.exceptions.PlcConnectionException: Connection url
doesn't match the format 'modbus:{type}//{port|host}'
    at

org.apache.plc4x.java.modbus.ModbusPlcDriver.connect(ModbusPlcDriver.java:69)
    at

org.apache.plc4x.java.PlcDriverManager.getConnection(PlcDriverManager.java:72)
    at plc4x.playground.main(playground.java:12)

    Could you please give me a hint what I'm doing wrong or what is missing?
    As far as I can see, I did it the same way you proposed in your virtual
modbus section.

    Thanks a lot!

    Best regards
    Tim