Hi,
IIUIC, the connection string for Serial Modbus would be something like;

     modbus:serial:/dev/ttyS0?unit-identifier=7

assuming I want to communicate with device with address 7.

That would mean that I have one connection per device I talk to over a
single serial port. Is that correct? (Personally, I would not made the
device part of the connection abstraction, but realize that it is a bit
late for that)

Are there any issues here, regarding which connection has access to the
port, or do I need to open and close the connection on each set of messages?

Couldn't find info about this in the documentation.

The serial port page is missing information on the configuration (data,
parity, stop,...). The source code doesn't have the @ConfigurationParameter
annotations, so will they still work or do I need to add that
programmatically somehow?

Cheers
Niclas