Hi all,

we had already discussed that some days ago, but I’d like to formally have you
all vote on this … just to make it official.

I always thought “master”, “trunk” etc. were sub-ideal names as they don’t
explain what they are used for. We currently develop on “develop” and therefore
I propose to change the “master” branch to “release”.

While at it I would propose to call the release branches “release/x.y” (instead
of “rel/x.y”) and to tag the releases themselves with the full three-digit
numbers “release/x.y.z”).

This way I think we would have all in a very clean and concise naming scheme
where nobody has to ask himself, which branch is used for what.