Hi,

I ran into this issue this morning when using the hello-world-write example
and trying to write to a Modbus connection. It looks like it assumed the
input value is a string whereas the Modbus protocol doesn't have support
for it yet.

I was thinking about expanding
github/plc4x/plc4j/spi/src/main/java/org/apache/plc4x/java/spi/connection/DefaultPlcFieldHandler.java
to include default handlers for the various IEEE 61131 data types, the
specific protocols can then override them as necessary?

Kind Regards

Ben