I think you are right.

Regards,
S.

On 26/01/21 09:56, Christofer Dutz wrote:

Hi Stefano,

well a colleague of mine built the Logstash adapter as first step of a plan to build a Machine-Beats Integration for Elastic. This would have been something comparable to Kafka Connect for the Kafka-World.

Well Elastic never did the promissed second step. And as they now have this aweful new license, I actually don’t want to put my time in this.

Chris

*Von:* Stefano Bossi <stefano.bo...@gmail.com>
*Gesendet:* Dienstag, 26. Januar 2021 09:35
*An:* dev@plc4x.apache.org
*Betreff:* Re: [DISCUSS] Drop Logstash support?

Hi,

logstash is basicalli a "translator" for Elastic Search, it's mostly used for parsing an unstructured data source, like a log from syslog and extract all the needed information to feed ElasticSearch with beefy Json.

I think that with plc4x it's a better approach to build the json directly an sent them to Elastic directly, it's pretty easy; achieving the plus of not dealing with an another machine for Logstash.

I think that dropping the support for Elastic is good because not so useful in our scenario.

Regards,
S.