That's a great news!

Security is always important in Industry.

Thanks,
S.

On 26/12/21 18:51, Christofer Dutz wrote:
Hi all,

as I was a bit unsure if we really got all the potentially vulnerable log4j
versions excluded (yes, we did). I enabled the owasp dependency checker.
Also did I update all dependencies to the latest released versions as
especially most of the integration modules just received fixed versions.

When enabling the owasp maven plugin we now continuously check our build
against the official CVE registry. If a dependency is detected for which any
non-minor vulnerabilities exist, the build automatically failed.

I did need a bit of tweaking of some dependencies, but now I was able to set
the score to 4 which means that we don't have any dependency in our tree that
has any medium or severe issues reported.

The first build might take a bit longer, as the plugin must download the bug
databases for the last years, but this only has to be done once.