Hello,

+1,

I agree with this proposal, eventually I have been working with NetBeans
modules to implement this IDE.

Why NetBeans?

Pro

1. You already implement your modularity scheme for the grouping of the
libraries.
2. Well-known standard interface.
3. Tools for content integration (persistence, dynamization and help
management).
4. Data visualization tools already available.
5. Graphics module already available.
6. And of course It is from the Apache Foundation family (we eat our own
snack).

Against

1. It has its learning curve. Especially the "Lookup" concept.
2. It is not in vogue. For example against JavaFX.
3. It is bulky.

In the end, the most important thing is that we do not invent the wheel,
but rather that we use it.

Regarding the integration of the PLC4X drivers, and it is a point that I
don't know if it has been worked on, it is the representation of the
metadata, but that is another topic.

My grain of sand.

--
*CEOS Automatización, C.A.*
*GALPON SERVICIO INDUSTRIALES Y NAVALES FA, C.A.,*

*FRENTE A LA ASOCIACION DE GANADEROS,BARCELONA,EDO. ANZOATEGUI*
*Ing. César García*

*Cel: +58 414-760.98.95*

*Hotline Técnica SIEMENS: 0800 1005080*

*Email: support.aan.automat...@siemens.com