On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Mark Murphy wrote:
I found I should be able to do it using reflection to avoid long strings of instanceof conditions which is really the same as duplicating the code, but all inside one class. Any issue with using Reflection?

If you post some of the code you're working on, with some ideas, we can hopefully all take a look and see if we can help improve things

Feel free to post to a github gist, a branch on your own github, a branch in svn, patch to jira etc!

(Quite a bit of XWPF has come from user contributions, so may well be missing some overall architecture improvements that piece-meal fixes didn't require)

Nick