I think the problem with templates in examples is that they are already
modified and it will be hard to merge any upstream template changes back to
these examples. We need a method to consistently test and support official
templates. We can probably use separate repositories, but I am not sure if
we have enough time if we are planning to release 0.10.0 this week. We
probably want GitHub integration for all these official template repos as
well.

I do not have a strong opinion in mandating one engine one repo, but I
think otherwise it would be hard for customized engines to merge upstream
official changes.