It’s been over a week waiting for the template donation paperwork, which I
imagine will take a few weeks to go through repo creation, license validation
and PR merging before they can be released. Since they can be on a separate
release schedules I’d like to remove them from being blocking release. We can
point the Gallery at Chan’s github for now (just to remove the issue as a
blocker). Any other opinions?

#3 below is still the main blocker IMO. I have some time this week to handle
the source license check but would have no clue about how to make SBT include
the correct licenses in the binary artifacts. Donald is the only SBT expert I
know in the project can anyone else help with the binary build bits mentioned
in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-26?

There are several PRs that are in limbo since we aren’t adding new features or
major new code. The only way to get moving on these is to release. Sooo...

What do people think about a release? What sort of target date can we set? Can
we get things ready by first week of September?

----------------------------------

What do people think remains for release?

1) template donation and mods. Chan Lee has done work on this but we can’t
review until the donation and repos are set up.
2) install.sh. There are some suggestions on how to deal with the one-line
install here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-22 and a bug here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-25 PIO-22 suggests we have an install
based on source pull and build so it will work even on snapshots in the
“develop” branch but we could also have an install from binary that works after
the release. Comments welcome.
3) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-26 has a PR but I don’t fee
qualified to merge it, can someone pick this up?

Anything else? I took the liberty of marking anything I thought was a
non-blocker but unresolved as minor. Feel free to disagree.

Hopefully when #1 comes through we will have everything else cleared up. Let’s
ship-it.