Mars, this seems like a necessary change, so I'll create RC3 with the PR
and additional updates here: http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/
resources/upgrade/

If there are changes anyone would like to add, please let me know by today.
I'll patch up another release tonight and send out a new email.

Thanks,
Chan