Hi Dave,

we discussed in past to only release a Git tag for Go. All the users
of this library will just fetch the library directly from Github,
specifying a tag in their Go dependencies tool.

While we could publish a source tar.gz, it would be of little
practical utility to users.

Having said that, we'd need to specify the Git tag hash, both here in
the vote thread as in the release notes.

Dave, do you thing that this would be an acceptable way to "release" a
blessed tag?
--
Matteo Merli
<mme...@apache.org>