Hi, all :

Thanks to everyone who discussed it.

Our current care points include the following aspects:

1. The filtering efficiency of the client consumer is not as
good as doing something directly in startMessageId
2. Does not support reset cursor

Because my previous PIP description is to add configuration
in consumerBuilder. The definition of this configuration is not
clear, and it will cause great trouble to users.

We can add a separate configuration that is only used for
acks with transactions. Simple example:

```
ConsumerBuilder<T> transactionConfiguration(ConsumerTransactionConfiguration);

@Builder
@Data
@NoArgsConstructor
@AllArgsConstructor
@InterfaceAudience.Public
@InterfaceStability.Stable

public class ConsumerTransactionConfiguration {
   boolean isFilterReceivedMessagesEnabled = false;
}

```

if the design of startMessageId can provide the feature,
we can remove the configuration, or currently has a startMessageId
closed loop solution, I agree to use startMessageId.

As for the reset cursor, I think it is another problem,
not related to this PIP.

Thanks,
Bo

丛搏 <congbobo...@gmail.com> 于2023年3月24日周五 18:53写道: