Hi Dave,

thanks for chiming in. I and Joe have been reading along the document for
handling crypto code at http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

My brief understanding of it is that:
 * We should have started before committing the code (though we didn't know
about it :( )
 * There is a mail that has to be sent to US gov for notification.
 * The project needs to be listed in the ASF "exports" page

 * The actions are to be taken from someone in the project PMC and I am
assuming in this case that would be the Incubator PMC.
 * We shouldn't need to wait from any confirmation from US gov, once the
notification is sent and the ASF page updated, we should in theory good to
commit the code (..ahem..) and make a release.

Are my statements correct?

Thank you,
Matteo

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 7:54 PM Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> This is a good catch. I am traveling this week and can help with the
> filing on Monday unless one of the other mentors can do so tomorrow.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Sep 21, 2017, at 8:36 PM, Joe F <joefranc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mentors,
> >
> > As I was going through  the license verification for the next release
> > (1.20) , I happened to see this
> > http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/  (which I'm calling the export
> > license page)
> >
> > Pulsar 1.20 release introduces encryption (as an optional feature), and
> it
> > uses Bouncycastle, and  we were planning on including the Bouncy* jars in
> > the binary.
> >
> > Many Apache projects using Bouncycastle as listed on the export license
> > page. Do we need to list it Pulsar on  the export license  page now? If
> so,
> > how do we get it into there?
> >
> > Or should we just remove the BouncyCastle jars  from the distribution and
> > leave it optional,  letting  users install it  if needed?  Users will
> need
> > to install it for building Pulsar from source.  They wont need it for
> > running Pulsar, unless they use encryption.
> >
> > What's the guidance on this?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Joe
>
> --