Hi Joe,
The function could either be stateless or might have state.
All Pulsar Functions are triggered by events that happen on their input
Pulsar topics. In that sense they need Pulsar cluster.
This discussion is mainly around should the users be able to trigger the
invocation of the function that is out of band wrt their input topics.
Thanks!