On Jul 28, 2010, at 12:26 AM, YC wrote:

> Other package systems separate the installation step from the import step

Indeed, this is the key design decision separating us from the rest of the
world, and it is not clear whether it was a good decision.

On Jul 27, 2010, at 11:57 PM, Jay McCarthy wrote:

> something I see as a design principle behind Racket) because we instead write
> "(require (planet nintendo/ds))"

This is indeed a principle that was explicitly stated during our time at Rice,
over and over again. If it's worth saying, it's worth saying in the language.

> Thinking about the location of this additional information points to me that
> we currently have only "internal" linking of packages.

This could also be a solution to the point YC makes.