I build on 64bit ubuntu every day.
a gdb backtrace would be helpful.

gdb> handle SIGSEGV nostop noprint
gdb> run

Kevin

On 10/05/2010 11:26 AM, John Clements wrote:
I have a student who hasn't succeeded in running compiled-from-source DrRacket
on 64-bit ubuntu.  Specifically, he claims it dumps core with

SIGSEGV MAPERR si_code 1 fault on addr 0x4
Aborted

on startup.  I have *not* tried to verify this myself, so he's almost certainly made a
minor mistake.  I'm writing this just in case one of you has a knee-jerk "oh yeah,
that doesn't work"  to give me.  Otherwise, please ignore this e-mail.

John