On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Dmitry Chestnykh
<dmi...@codingrobots.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010, Robby Findler wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I've pushed a fix.
>
> Thank you, it was fast!
>
>> Do you know the keybindings from experience or can you point to a
>> definitive cite somewhere that lists things like standard keybindings
>
> Apple's HIG have keyboard shortcuts section: http://goo.gl/p01u4
> but they don't list tab switching keys, probably because they haven't
> updated HIG for a while.
>
> Sections for Cmd+Shift+arrows read:
>
> Right arrow: "Extend selection to the next semantic unit, typically the end
> of the current line."
>
> Left arrow: "Extend selection to the previous semantic unit, typically the
> beginning of the current line."

Thanks!

> As for tab swiching, if I remember correctly, the first app to introduce
> tabs as documents was Safari. It has Cmd+Shift+]/[ shortcuts (listed under
> Window menu). Some other apps on my system that use this combination are
> Terminal, iChat, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, MacVim, Aquamacs, and since
> yesterday, TextMate (http://blog.macromates.com/2010/textmate-1-5-10/).

Currently, DrRacket uses cmd-[ and cmd-] and it seems unfortunate to
have to change that by adding another modifier. I see that terminal
uses that for cycling windows, and safari and firefox use it for the
browsing history. Preview uses it for changing pages. So cmd-[ and
cmd-] don't seem all that standard.

Robby