My preference is for option 3 or option 1.

From: Zsombor <gzsom...@gmail.com<mailto:gzsom...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, January 5, 2018 at 8:18 AM
To: ranger <dev@ranger.apache.org<mailto:dev@ranger.apache.org>>, Colm O
hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org<mailto:cohei...@apache.org>>
Cc: Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com<mailto:rm...@hortonworks.com>>
Subject: Re: Hadoop 3 support

Fourth option:
Create a 0.8 release for Hadoop 2.x and JDK 7 - maybe someone still needs
to use these 'legacy' versions.

Regards,
Zsombor

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh
<cohei...@apache.org<mailto:cohei...@apache.org>>
wrote:

I should have added - a third option is just not to support Hadoop 3.0.0 at
all in Ranger 1.0.0 - but to release Ranger 1.0.0 soon and then update to
Hadoop 3.0.0 in Ranger 1.1/2.0 etc.

Colm.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 12:17 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh
wrote:

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> Yes, the Ranger core will depend on Hadoop 3.0.0, and the HDFS + Yarn
> plugins will support Hadoop 3.0.0 only. There is no other option due to
API

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder