Hi Alex,

> Hi Carlos,
>
> You and others are definitely welcome to integrate SemanticUI like you did
> for Material Design Lite.

Ok, but as I stated before, if I invest in integrate SemanticUI the
proposal would be as I commented before. To get our main set that most
people will want to use. MDL was something done to have something with a
good looking, but don't want another set that will have their own live
separate of the rest and their own list of components, etc... just to set
expectations.

> Regarding a more sophisticated option, I first want to see if SVG for
> visuals is possible before we build a whole tool chain around it.  So,
> IMO, you could just use your favorite HTML/CSS/JS editing tools to create
> an HTML page or two that have a set of HTMLElement trees whose visuals are
> mostly or entirely made up of SVG.  Each "tree" is a component like Label,
> Button, TextInput, etc.  Then you post that and folks can interact with it
> and make sure it works correctly on all of the browsers we care about.
> Then if you can show you can swap in a wildly different set of SVG (and
> maybe some CSS), then we know you have abstracted out a "theme" and then
> we can see what needs to be done in the tools to allow someone to specify
> a "theme" and swap out the necessary pieces.

Hi Alex,

I can use Sketch as I showed before and post in a new thread the SVG and
CSS they generated so you can
grab that code and experiment with it in supporting it on the framework.
Let me know and I'll post it soon.

> In parallel, we would be discussing what other trees/components we need to
> have, and also, what default SVG and CSS we want in our theme, and what
> the design principles document must contain in order for some other
> designer to propose a default look for the next component we end up making.

Right, this can come as a second step.

> That's the way I think of it, but I am not a designer, so I could

I think we can explore that way and see what we found on the on the road :)

Thanks