Components are JS, so I don't think you can create a different component
set that output more HTML.

Because they are JS, the only way I could think of having them do anything
is to run JS that creates HTMLElements.  This has the advantage that
components that are added dynamically (later) via States or AS use the
same code paths to add to the DOM as they do at startup.

Also, many components are backed by more than one HTMLElement.

Components are encapsulations of patterns.  If you can show the pattern by
which a component can result in HTML output instead of (or along with) JS
output and that handles the kind of dynamic user experiences we want our
users to build, write it up and we'll discuss it.  There may be a way that
works.

Thanks,
-Alex