> > I would say that the addition of each element triggers the browser to do
> > full DOM parse and reflow of the CSS.
>
> I don’t think this is true. Reflow only happens when attributes of the DOM
> is *read*. Writing to the DOM does not trigger a reflow.

I'm not sure I agree. An addition to the DOM means that the structure
changed and that it needs to be re-rendered. This means that in addition to
other things, at least the 'cascading' bit of CSS needs to be re-evaluated
before the browser can render the new state.

Again, I'm certainly not arguing against the RoyaleJS architecture! I was
there when it was created and stand by many of the decisions we made. I am
in this thread because Olaf's question chimed with my thinking on possible
alternative framework architectures.

Thanks,

EdB

--