On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Om,
>
> One thing I'm confused about:  When I read about NPM publishing [1], it
> sounds like you can publish a folder of stuff (and/or a gzip of that
> folder) and thus the binaries shouldn't need to be downloaded off of one
> of our servers.  But it looks like the old FlexJS script and now these
> scripts are trying to download the binaries off of one of our servers.
>
> Thoughts?
> -Alex
>
> [1] https://docs.npmjs.com/getting-started/publishing-npm-packages

I am a bit unclear on your how you are thinking of publishing to npm.  You
want to simply publish the binary release artifact to npm?

When will the properties in package.json be updated?  When creating the
binary artifact or when we are publishing to npm?

In my mind, the release artifact should not contain any npm related stuff.
As a release manager, I would like to download the release artifact, add in
all the npm related stuff and then publish to npm.  I am adding this logic
into a script so that the release manager can simply run it as part of the
release process.

This way, we don't have a direct dependency between the royale codebase and
the npm related stuff.

Thanks,
Om