Case in point:

In my app, I’m using OneFlexibleChildHorizontalLayout which uses flexbox.
Great. No need for writing values. Right?

Not so fast.

I have fit to view functionality in my app which needs to get the size of the
flexibleChild which is the container to figure out how much to scale the
content. The entire fit function takes 36 ms to run. The height getter on the
flexibleChild *alone* takes 14 ms. If the size of the flexibleChild was
hard-coded, the getter would not take measurable time.

I have tons of hard coded size and positioning of SVG in my app (literally
hundreds of DOM objects) and it runs ridiculously fast compared to all the
Recalculate Styles which are caused by default browser layout.

I’d really love to get some hard numbers from comparing the approaches.

Harbs