mmm this one seems not as easy as you post.
If you do that in Jewel, then people wanting to mix with Basic will have a
problem.

I think better things simple and prefer the first scenario, simple and
direct. Think that normaly extending what I call "final" component (and I
said that I don't want to mean strictly final) should not be the normal
case since is more flexible and almost same code to have siblings, and
you'll avoid the problems of large inheritance chain (I want to change
something that is private and I can not access, or there was a change in
the parent component set and now the child is behaving different,...)