Hi,

>fixed things could make people not be happy at all with the solution, and
end leaving

I prefer to don't speak all the time about leaving.
Anybody is free to leave at any time, same as in the real world.
But leaving because of technical decisions is completely incomprehensible
for me... as long as decisions are made in favor of the project and not to
suit someones personal taste.

However, this is a technical project here and I think it should be possible
to find a decision based on technical facts.

One way to get a decision could be to build something like an evaluation
matrix.
Criteria have to be listed and weighted and particular alternatives have to
be evaluated.
The goal is to get the best alternative/solution.

I'll try to prepare an example tonight.

HTH,
Olaf

--