Well, as Andrew mentioned, there was already a -verbose flag in the compiler,
so instead of repurposing that, I added a -diagnostics optoin that will cause
output around thread locks.  The -diagnostics option is a bit-flag in order to
control what classes output lock info.  The flags are:

    public static final int NODE_REFERENCES = 1;
    public static final int COUNTER = 2;
    public static final int CLASS_DEFINITION_BASE = 4;
    public static final int SYNCHRONIZED_GRAPH = 8;
    public static final int ASTOKEN = 16;
    public static final int CONFIG_MANAGER = 32;
    public static final int ASSCOPECACHE = 64;
    public static final int FILE_NODE = 128;
    public static final int WORKSPACE = 256;
    public static final int SYMBOL_DECORATOR_PROVIDER = 512;
    public static final int INT_MAP = 1024;
    public static final int DA_BYTEARRAY = 2048;
    public static final int FILE_UTILS = 4096;
    public static final int ROYALEJSPROJECT = 8192;

So, -diagnostics=16383 turns everything on.  I found that DA_BYTEARRAY was
being too noisy, so you might start with -diagnostics=14335.  If you put all of
the classes back in your SWC and try to compile it, it should hang and
hopefully the output will tell us something.  That said, I did refactor one
class to make its lock sections smaller so there is some chance compilation
will now just work.

HTH,
-Alex