There are tons of discussions on the web about the pros and cons of pixels vs
em/rem. Some examples:[1][2][3][4][5]

My takeaway is that there’s no one right answer. For predictable layout, pixels
is safer, but for better reading with accessibility, em/rem might work better.

Simply changing from pixels sounds like a very bad idea. For pixel perfect web
apps pixels is probably the better choice. It might be a good idea to add the
possibility of using em and/or rem, but adding more methods to UIBase is
probably not the way to go about it.

Maybe all the specifications of “px” should be changed to some utility function
and a mixin could determine the actual value.

My $0.02,
Harbs

[1]https://benfrain.com/just-use-pixels/
[2]https://engageinteractive.co.uk/blog/em-vs-rem-vs-px