On 1/16/20, 2:14 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

    What do you mean? This is the solution recommended by the compiler.

    What are your concerns?

Someone writes their own deserializer.  It is going to do something like:

Var listOfProperties = ["firstName", "lastName"];
Function deserialize(inputStream:String, c:Class):Object
{
        Var foo:Object = new class();
               Var values:Array = inputStream.split(",");
              Var i=0;
               For each (var name:String in listOfProperties)
              {
                foo[name] = values[i++];
              }
}

How will the compiler know to use goog.reflect.objectProperty here?  IMO, this
change only solves the MXML problem but does not solve the other problems the
public var warning was put in for.

I must be missing something.  I'm out of time for the next 6 or 7 hours.

-Alex

    > On Jan 17, 2020, at 12:11 AM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID> wrote:
    >
    > OK.  I still think this is not the right solution.  As I said public vars
are for more than MXML.