the steps you ran last time (2, 3, 6, 7,  10, 11, 13).  If I have time I will
revert the pom changes the release-plugin makes to the release branch.

-Alex

On 5/4/20, 10:48 PM, "Yishay Weiss" <yishayj...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Hi All,

    It’s starting to look like the cleanest solution is to start an RC4. I
intend to start working on that in 10 hours or so. In the meantime, I’d
appreciate it if people took time to look at RC3, so we don’t end up with an
RC5.

    Thanks,
    Yishay

    From: Alex Harui<mailto:aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
    Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 12:22 AM
    To: dev@royale.apache.org<mailto:dev@royale.apache.org>
    Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Royale 0.9.7

    The Ant packages only contain things we know we want to release.  Top-level
folders are not whitelisted in because you never know what might be in them.
We've never released the manualtests folder for example, so we don't have to
spend time certifying it for code quality and build-ability, license, etc.
We've never shipped the top-level src folder because it used to only contain a
site folder that wasn't going to be of use to our users.  So when the groovy
scripts were added to the src folder, they were not included in the Ant
packaging.

    We also have never voted on and released the 3 top-level Maven source
packages, mainly to reduce the amount of work the voters need to do.  The Maven
source packages are "tested" by the Maven release plugin, and the 3 packages
are unpacked and repacked into the Ant package.  So far, we've found that two
new files were missed.

    How many of our users build the source package is one factor and I think
the answer for Royale is that few people do it.  Apache release are supposed to
"build" and the Ant source package will build with Ant.

    IMO, the best next thing for PMC members to do is to download the RC and
try it with Ant, and/or use Maven to point to the staging repos and test the
artifacts that have been staged up there and see if we see any other big
issues.  Maybe we'll find something else and make RC4 an obvious choice.

    Other choices are:
    A) Release RC3 with documenting all of the problems in the online release
notes
    B) Also certifying and voting on the 3 Maven source packages.

    IMO, what we don't want to see happen is for folks to not test RC3 and find
out some big issue later.

    My 2 cents,
    -Alex