Hi guys,

I am not sure about details for that now. I made that to match some Flex
example I needed to emulate, but it was not based on the actual code of the
original example, just the behavior.
Probably the requirement in the original is that a child menu could only be
considered selected if it was showing.
So this was not based on a 'general case', just one specific example I had
as a reference.
I suggest you change it to make sense for whatever you believe is a more
general api that suits a wider range of users. In this case maybe it is
simply removing the  '&& open' for that part.