Sounds good to me. I assume there is no reason that we cannot have 0.9.10,
0.9.11 if we need to before 1.0, but I don't know about the 'automatic'
setting to 1.0.

I'd also suggest that it might be easier to wait until January, because a
number of us will be affected in the coming weeks with holidays etc.

At some point I will volunteer for the release process, but I do need to be
focused on the compiler and framework for the next couple of
months, instead of learning new things. I'll do what I can to support
anyone working on the release, though.