I put up a "limit per node" example here [1] and Rya behaves as I
expected.  Strangely, OpenRDF does not :/

Unfortunately, the join between the two inner "SELECT" statements is not
the more efficient MultipleBindingSetsIterator.  Instead, the join is the
less efficient OpenRDF Join.

--Aaron

[1]
https://github.com/amihalik/sesame-debugging/blob/6a26045d89ebee1c72cc0452e2b01dc29544b85c/src/main/java/com/github/amihalik/sesame/debugging/NodeLimitExample.java