Correct me if I am wrong John but I don't think you need a mentor to vote
on a release candidate. Once the PPMC has concluded voting on the RC, you
submit it to the IPMC per the normal process and once there are sufficient
binding votes there the RC becomes a release.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands