Hi, Nicolas,

Could you explain to me why Samza is blocking you from upgrading your Kafka
brokers to 0.10? At LinkedIn, we are running Samza 0.10 w/ Kafka 0.10
brokers. This is a valid combination since Kafka 0.10 brokers should be
backward compatible w/ 0.8.2 clients (which is the version Samza uses). I
would recommend that you try to upgrade the Kafka brokers w/ Samza 0.10. If
there is any issues you see, we will help to investigate and fix.

Meanwhile, we are planning to schedule Samza releases more regularly and
frequent in terms of time. Hence, although SAMZA-855 is not planned in
0.11, it will be included in the immediate version after that.

Let me know if you have any further concerns.