Have you looked into KafkaSystemConsumerMetrics? Is the meaning of "lag"
there different from what you mean?

Jeremiah Adams <jad...@helixeducation.com> writes:

We are replacing a node.js app that consumed topics on a Kafka cluster with Samza jobs. We use kafka-offsets to trigger alerts based on message lag. e.g., message lag is greater than 10, wake up support persons.

Samza doesn't use the same mechanism for offset storage and the tools for examining a topic's checkpoint aren't readily useful for application consumption.

Can some of you share your approaches to monitoring and alerting on consumer lag?

Regards.

Jeremiah Adams
Software Engineer
www.helixeducation.com<http://www.helixeducation.com/>