Hi guys,

I'm currently looking into a way of integrating my solver component
into the OO.o build.  Michael Meeks did the initial integration work
for me in the ooo-build since he was already familiar with the way
OO.o build is set up.  But, now we decided that the way it was done
was a little too hacky, and we want to fix it.

Here is the way it is set up right now.

I have all my solver code kept under a top-level module directory
named 'scsolver'.  Michael restructured my source files to match the
way the other modules are organized i.e. inc, source, prj, docs, util,
workbench etc.  It compiles under dmake, registers the resultant so
file 'scsolver.uno.so' as a UNO component, and install as part of the
official build by modifying the scp2/source/calc/file_calc.scp file.

It exports itself as an ExecutableDialog, and its implementation is
found as scsolver.SolverImpl, and its service is found as
org.openoffice.sc.Solver (but we don't use this service name for now).

As for the UI bits, a new protocol handler is defined in
officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/ProtocolHandler.xcu as
follows:

<node oor:name="scsolver.SolverImpl" oor:op="replace">
  <prop oor:name="Protocols" oor:type="oor:string-list">
    <value>scsolver.SolverImpl:*</value>
  </prop>
</node>

and a temporary menu item is placed in the Data menu by modifying
sc/uiconfig/scalc/menubar/menubar.xml by adding the following line

<menu:menuitem menu:id="scsolver.SolverImpl:execute" menu:helpid=""
menu:label="Solver" />

below .uno:DataSort.  I think this is all the changes that have been
made so far...

My question is, how do you guys think this integration should be done?
 Especially the way it is done as described above is not good for
localization.  The menu label needs to be empty, and the label needs
to be define elsewhere, properly localized I assume (I'm not really
familiar with how the localization is done).

I could look into find a right way of doing integration, but that
would likely take a long time for me to figure it out.  I really want
some advice on this from you guys.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kohei