Hi Regina,

Would it be possible or do you think there would be any merit in making a
redundant function for the original FDIST function and then making two new
functions for left and right?  That is, we would have the following:
FDIST: "Right" tail
FDISTR: "Right" tail
FDISTL: "Left" tail

That concept aside, I looked up the f-distribution functions in the math and
engineering programs I use to see their naming conventions.  Unfortunately,
they offered little insight into the naming dilemma.
Matlab uses: fcdf
Mathcad uses: pF
Maple uses: fdist (and chooses left/right tail through user inputs)

I tried looking around to see if there were any other programs (especially
spreadsheet programs) that might have this functionality, but my search came
up empty.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck,
Jaron