On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 17:19 +0200, Niklas Nebel wrote:
> On 06/20/09 02:38, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > Ok.  All my changes related to DataPilot are now in koheidatapilot03
> > cws.  I'm also working on specs on the wiki.  They are at:
> >
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc/Features/DataPilot_enhanced_field_popup_window
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc/Features/DataPilot_custom_display_names
> >
> > The first spec is pretty much complete, while the second one is still
> > being worked on.
> >
> > Also, FYI, I'll be on vacation for the entire next week.  So, whatever
> > change still needs to be done will be done after I get back.
>
> In addition to the visual comments on the ux-discuss list, some
> technical remarks (I haven't looked through all of it yet, expect more
> to come):
>
> - Extensions to the DataPilotSource API must be done in a compatible way
> (see the handling of the "Filter" property).

I've reviewed my change against the baseline, and my only addition to
the UNO API is two new constant values to MemberResultFlags.  It's my
understanding that adding new constant values to the existing constant
set is considered binary compatible.

Having said that, it's entirely possible that I'm misunderstanding the
intent of your comment here, so could you please clarify on this point?

Also, I'd like to see how the "Filter" property was handled in a
compatible way.  Could you point me to the place to look for?  I did my
own search, but I couldn't find what may look like the code you are
referring to.

> - We have to pay attention to keyboard accessibility (obvious key
> choice: Ctrl-D, as for page fields).

This is now implemented in koheidatapilot03.

> - The popup window has to implement accessibility API. Generally the
> easiest way for that is to use existing controls, like SvxCheckListBox
> for the item selection. For the menu entries a new control would have to
> be implemented, including the accessibility functions. Perhaps it's also
> possible to extend the VCL popup menu with an extra window, but I can't
> guarantee that's even possible without running into new problems.

I've switched to using SvxCheckListBox for the member list control.  So,
that should take care of that part of the accessibility, I assume.

Also, I'd like to know more about the accessibility function
requirements.  Could you give me some pointers, please?  I'm not that
familiar with accessibility requirements, as that subject always sounded
too abstract to me...  Any details would be great.

In addition to this, the "All" check box, and the two single-selection
buttons are now implemented as well, though I still need to have the
official images made for the single-selection buttons.  Right now, I
just use two ugly place holder images as a temporary replacement.

Anyway, it's still in progress.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida - OpenOffice.org Engineer - Novell, Inc.
<kyosh...@novell.com>