Hi Josh,
Replies inline

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 5:27 PM, <
dev-digest-h...@senssoft.incubator.apache.org> wrote:

> From: "Poore, Joshua C." <jpo...@draper.com>
> To: "dev@senssoft.incubator.apache.org" <dev@senssoft.incubator.apache.org

> Bcc:
> Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 02:14:04 +0000
> Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Drafting Graduation Template
> @lewismc
>
> I think this is really cool. Leading with userale and some offerings for
> back end configs, I think this makes sense. Distill and TAP aren't far
> behind.
>
> Quick run through of materials (will do more thorough scrub this weekend)
> and I have two questions:
>
> 1. Beyond the basics of project management, product ownership, and
> documentation/marketing, what additional administrative or organizational
> duties (beyond Quarterly reports, etc.) can we expect to take on after
> graduating?

Honestly, not a lot. We would elect a PMC Chair. I would most likely
nominate yourself. The PMC Chair would deal with the above. It is a minimal
responsibility.

> 2. Will you show us how to use all the cool Apache bots for licensing,
> checksums, etc., etc., :)

Absolutely, I will be around for quite a while post graduation. I am always
available to answer questions.

> 3. Big question: Given that there aren't many (if any) projects like ours
> in the big data portfolio, do you see us as graduating to top level
> project, or a child of which project?

Top-level project without a doubt.

> 4. Do you think we have the support from the ASF Board to graduate?

Yes I think we have demonstrated the ability to 1) release software, 2)
grow community through election and VOTE'ing of committers and a project
management committee, and 3) use VOTE'ing as a mechanism for driving
progress e.g. releases, addition to committer-base, etc.

> Besides these questions (and maybe a lot more follow-ups), I'm ready to
> commit to this.

Great, I am glad. I'm pretty busy right now so I will come back to this as
soon as a I can.
Thanks for the continued support from you all.
Driving towards another release of any components within the SensSoft stack
would be the primary goal moving forward.
Lewis