Excellent --> +1
On 23/11/10 16:01, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
Hi few updates:
http://img89.imageshack.us/f/servicemix46.jpg/
Don't care about banner - it might be changed In any time, without bigger
problems.
Best regards,
Lukasz
-----Original Message-----
From: Łukasz Dywicki [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 5:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Discussion] Design update
Hi Eric,
New design updates will come in next week. We had few commercial projects to
finish/start in mid time.
Best regards,
Lukasz
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Johnson [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 5:10 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discussion] Design update
Łukasz,
Any updates on the site design and getting it merged into the sandbox project?
Cheers,
Eric
2010/11/8 Eric Johnson<[email protected]>:
I think it looks good overall. The colors and graphics make it pop.
I think the gigantic earth with text at the top is a bit much and it
leaves a little too much white space right under the banner. Maybe a
good architecture diagram would be better there?
I also think that in general a bigger News section would be better
than a list of recent JIRA tickets that were changed. How many users
want to see a list of JIRAs that have been modified when they visit
the home page? It would make sense to put that on the support page
maybe? I liked the idea from the Apache home page of a ticker that
collected tweets, JIRA changes, etc into one feed for the home page.
Is the swish on the right hand side intended to be carried over as a
page design element across the whole site or just the front page? If
the whole site, does it constrict text placement to the right 2/3s of
the page? Any basic text placed over the swish will be hard to read.
Would leaving that much space open for the swish look OK?
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Claus Ibsen<[email protected]> wrote:
2010/11/8 Łukasz Dywicki<[email protected]>:
Hi,
Here is updated version with Feather:
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1676/servicemix47.jpg
The feather is close to logo. What do you think? It is ok?
Looks great.
And like the new website layout.
+1
Regards,
Lukasz
-----Original Message-----
From: Łukasz Dywicki [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 11:25 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Discussion] Design update
Hi Eric,
In next week we going to complete design with suggestions from Gert and
Guillaume. After these changes I'll help you to include this in scalate. I
assume that we will not have changes in proportions and element positions, so
layout will stay same as now.
Best regards,
Lukasz
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Johnson [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 11:15 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discussion] Design update
I updated the Scalate site to look a little more like the image Lukasz
sent around. I'd need to get the logo image and the icons he used in
the boxes to get closer. And the color codes for the boxes.
I added a search box, code highlighting, and some more font styling as well.
I could use some ideas on how to pretty up the search box to look more
like the one in the proposal. Also I wanted to get the items on the
navigation menu to darken when they are hovered over, but so far my
attempts have looked pretty poor.
2010/11/5 Eric Johnson<[email protected]>
I'll take a look at adding the aggregated feed from apache.org.
Getting the design elements into the sandbox project should be fairly smooth.
On Friday, November 5, 2010, Guillaume Nodet<[email protected]> wrote:
FWIW, the new website is backed by the new CMS from infra and has gone
line yesterday or so ...
2010/11/5 Gert Vanthienen<[email protected]>:
Guillaume,
Good point about the Apache feather and link -- we really want to keep
that around. And I also hadn't noticed the new aggregated feed on the
Apache main website yet, but it looks like something that would be
awesome for us as well.
Regards,
Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/
2010/11/5 Guillaume Nodet<[email protected]>:
Though I like the visual effect of the proposal a lot, I wonder about
a missing news section and a missing link + logo to the ASF web site
(even though it's not a requirement, I think it's a good thing to add
the feather logo somewhere).
Also note that the ASF web site (http://apache.org/) now has an
activity widget which merges twitter, jira and svn commits. Maybe
that's something we'd want to use instead of separate sections?
2010/11/5 Gert Vanthienen<[email protected]>:
Hi Lukasz,
Sorry for the late reply -- these images are really starting to look
better every time! I really think this design is getting very close
to the end result and we should start to integrate things into the
website20 sandbox project. I love the general look and feel, the
images and icons in the boxes, the way a new user is guided to the
downloads/docs/community from his/her first visit, the fact that we
also have a window on what's happening in twitter/blogosphere/jira/...
Just a few minor things about this last proposal:
- I'd make the blue bar on the top slightly lower, there's no need for
the search box to be 3 x the height of the letters
- I'm not sure about the big 'Leading enterprise service bus...' image
at the top
- The blue box around the home navigation item looks a bit big
compared to everything else in the header, perhaps we can find another
way to highlight the current page?
- We'd have to find a way to make the three boxes at the bottom look a
bit more similar, but we can probably do that by replacing the widgets
with a little RSS javascript thingy though
Anyway, if we can get this thing worked out over the next few weeks so
it can go live together with the new release, that will be an awesome
achievement for the ServiceMix community.
Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into these proposals!
Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/
2010/11/3 Łukasz Dywicki<[email protected]>:
Hi all,
I have all ideas connected into one page:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1718/servicemix46.jpg
Please take a look and let us know - is it nice and what could be done
better.
Best regards,
Lukasz
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Johnson [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2010 12:48 AM
To: [email protected]
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com
--
Principle Technical Writer
Phone (781) 280-4174
Skype finnmccumial
E-Mail [email protected]
Blog http://documentingit.blogspot.com/
--
Principle Technical Writer
Phone (781) 280-4174
Skype finnmccumial
E-Mail [email protected]
Blog http://documentingit.blogspot.com/
--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen/
--
Principle Technical Writer
Phone (781) 280-4174
Skype finnmccumial
E-Mail [email protected]
Blog http://documentingit.blogspot.com/