On 1/9/07, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/9/07, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip/>
> >
> > Pending 24 hours for reporting any errors in counting etc., I plan to
> > complete the release tasks:
> >
> >  * Copy the m2 artifacts and the metadata files over to the m2-rsync repo
> >  * Copy the release artifacts (*.zip), readme to the /www/wao/dist space
> <snap/>
>
> Should have stressed on the above bullet. v103 posted release
> artifacts in the people.apache.org/dist space [1], whereas doing the
> above for v104 will actually cause the release to be mirrored.
>
> So, true or false: v104 should be mirrored.

Since this is an official Apache release authorised by the Shale PMC
then it can (and should IMO) be distributed in the official (mirrored)
repositories.

<snip/>

Yup, my understanding also. What led me to pause (and question) is the
fact that the dist space [1] is empty ATM.

I plan on creating two directories in that space:
* framework/
* apps/
filled with the corresponding 1.0.4 artifacts and with "current"
symlinks at the top level (dist/shale/)

[1] http://www.apache.org/dist/shale/

(more below ...)

The thing I think is confusing is that you didn't vote on a "quality"
- as I understand you're thinking of having different quality grades
for different components because of tiles(?) Anyway whatever the
process you're using for quality IMO it would be better to determine
this before announcing the release - as I'm sure people will either
assume its GA quality or wonder what its designation is (alpha, beta,
GA).

<snap/>

Correct, the announcement is not even on my todo list yet ;-) My
understanding is (from observing tomcat, think struts does similarly)
that the quality vote usually follows in a couple of weeks after the
release vote, followed by the announcement. Wendy was, I think (IIRC
and all other disclaimers included), proposing that release vote come
with a proposed "default" quality but I didn't hear anything after
that (and was not the case with v1.0.4 either).

-Rahul

Niall