On 1/11/07, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>

Struts posts a test build for a couple of weeks and then votes on the
release and quality at the same time. If theres alot of change then
the release might get voted initially as apha or beta. Once the
release has been out there a while and there are no apparent problems
we can vote again to upgrade the quality. It hasn't typically happened
this way though because it has usually taken cutting several releaes
before getting one without issues - so by the time we've voted a GA
release theres often been at least a couple of betas before that.

<snap/>

Here is the relevant recent example I mentioned in the last post ( [1]
followed by [2] in a couple of weeks ) from tomcat's (recently
improved) process. If and when I RM another Shale release, it will
come with a quality marker to begin with (might as well be alpha, but
mentioned explicitly). I prefer a release vote over a test build (that
was not voted on).

In any case, let me get back to completing the v1.0.4 release tasks.
Many thanks for your input.

-Rahul

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=116695917620851&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=116801203312451&w=2